Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ugh! A rough start to 2011...

 Well, I'm sure many of you have heard by now that Maddox and I were in a pretty nasty car accident last Tuesday.  We were traveling home on 42 from Apple Valley after swimming lessons when an 18 year old boy pulled out right in front of us from Dakota County Technical College and we had no time to do anything about it.  He says he didn't see us and my guess is he'll be driving more carefully in the future.  I think the look on his face when a pregnant woman and young child climbed out of the van was enough to scare him for life.  He and his friend claim they didn't see us.  Maddox's response, "They should have looked both ways, right mom?"

This past week has been filled with a 24 hour hospital stay monitoring the baby and contractions, a million phone calls and a lot of rest.  Maddox and I were both pretty stiff and sore, but are doing much better now a week later.  And now, the hunt for another new minivan...
 After the New Year, Maddox had his first Christmas Program at Spring Garden and did a terrific job!

1 comment: